- Posted on
- By Purple Haze
- Posted in disposible, disposibles, e-cig, e-cigarette, electronic cigarette, esco bar, escobar, hyde, hyppe, puff bar, vapes, vaporizer, vaporizers
Want to know more about vaporizers, vapes, and the different types of customizations that you can choose from? Learn more from our Vaping FAQ from Purple Haze.
Whether you know them as vapes, vaporizers, e-cigs, vape pens, or any one of the many nicknames they’ve earned in recent years, these handy devices are a cannabis connoisseur favorite. Convenient, versatile, and capable of delivering a top-notch experience, a high-quality vape can be an outstanding addition to your collection.
Here at Purple Haze, we’ve heard (and answered!) our fair share of questions about vaping. So, we’ve rounded up answers to some of the most commonly-asked questions on the topic, giving you a handy guide that breaks down all the basics in an easy-to-understand way.
Don’t see your question answered here? You’re always welcome to reach out to our team for more information – we’re always happy to help!
What is vaping?
Vaping is the enjoyable use of an electric vape device to create a flavorful, fluffy vapor from the dry herb, concentrate, or a specially-formulated liquid (“e-liquid”). Once you inhale the vapor, you can look forward to an enjoyable experience enhanced by the effects of the strain or product you’re vaping.
What’s the difference between vaping and smoking?
Vaping and smoking are both ways to enjoy your herb or concentrate of choice, but there is a very important difference. Vaping involves vapor, whereas smoking is centered on smoke.
Instead of inhaling the smoke created by burning a cigarette, pipe, joint, or something similar, you’re going to be working with a cloud-like vapor. For people who prefer to avoid the typical smoking experience, including those who can’t smoke because of personal or health reasons, vaping can be a good alternative.
How does vaping work?
There are so many different types of vapes available, but they all generally work the same way.
The device gently heats your dry herb, concentrate, or liquid until it reaches a temperature at which the cannabinoids, terpenes, and other compounds turn into vapor. Depending on your device, you may be able to control the exact temperature and other settings, customizing your experience according to your preferences. The vapor comes out via a mouthpiece, where you can inhale it at a pace that suits you.
Is vaping better than smoking?
Ultimately, it all comes down to personal preference. There are many people that are longtime loyalists to smoking, while others opt for an alternative experience. As you learn what you like (and don’t like), you’ll be able to determine if vaping might be something you’d enjoy.
The benefits of vaping are definitely one of the biggest draws for people who are ready to try something new. If you’re considering giving it a try, you can look forward to the following advantages:
● No smoke: For some people, smoking is a no-go… it might be that you don’t like the smell, you have health reasons for avoiding smoke, or maybe you just don’t like it in general. Vaping offers similar effects, minus the smoke (and tar!).
● Convenience: Some vape devices are as slim and lightweight as a standard pen, so you can easily slip them into your pocket or purse for anytime use. You don’t have to deal with carrying around a bunch of different cannabis accessories because vaping keeps it pretty simple in terms of equipment.
● Versatile: With options such as dry herb vaporizers, vapes for cannabis concentrates, and many others, most people can find plenty of choices that appeal to their preferences.
● Discreet: If you want something that’s a little more discreet than a traditional pipe, a vape could be exactly what you’re searching for.
● Stronger flavors: The high temperatures involved in smoking can downgrade the natural flavors of your cannabis, tobacco, and other products. But because vaping doesn’t require combustion, the flavor factor gets a major boost.
● A new kind of experience: With vape liquids and other products available in a variety of flavors and other options, you can expand your experience and have a lot of fun with it.
What types of vapes are available?
For many vapers, half the fun of vaping is in customizing their device and experience. There are so many different vape designs on the market, each one offering its own unique features, style, and functionalities. From the ultra-compact and simple vape pen styles to larger, feature-packed box mods, there’s something for everyone.
Some common vape device types include: ● Tabletop vapes are larger, slightly more complex devices intended to be set up and used at home. Usually made up of a filling chamber, balloon tube, mouthpiece, valve, and a few other key parts, a tabletop vape lets you set up various configurations. ● Concentrate vaporizers are specifically designed to be used with concentrates, such as cannabis wax or oil. They come in different sizes and styles, but the key characteristic is their compatibility with concentrates. ● Dry herb vaporizers are made for pairing with dry herbs, such as tobacco or cannabis. Like concentrate vapes, they come in various types.
● Vape pens are pen-shaped vape devices (as the name suggests) with a small battery that powers refillable or pre-filled disposable cartridges.
● Pod vapes are modeled on a pod-shaped design, so you can “plug and play” with ease.
● Box mods and modifiable vapes are created for the experienced vaper who wants to customize their device as much as possible and can deliver a first-class experience.
What can I vape?
Based on the types of vapes we’ve covered above, you’ve learned that you can vape dry herbs, concentrates, or pre-made vape liquids. So, this gives you a considerable amount of freedom when it comes to building your perfect vape experience.
Some vapers stick with nicotine-only vape liquids or standard tobacco, while others opt for THC-infused liquids and concentrates. Certain cannabis enthusiasts choose a dry herb vaporizer for use with their
favorite cannabis flower. There are also options for CBD-only vape liquids, CBD flower, and other products that contain little to no THC.
How do I use my vape device?
If you’ve purchased a new vape but can’t figure out exactly how to use it, the first place to look is the device’s instruction manual. If you’re still stuck, come into Purple Haze and let us help you out.
Where do I find the best vapes?
Quality is key when you’re shopping for vapes, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to spend a ton of money. We recommend staying away from online-only retailers or those that are promising deals that are too good to be true – because a subpar vape can lead to a disappointing and even dangerous experience.
At Purple Haze, we’ve curated a selection of vapes that feature all price points – and every single option is expertly-made and designed to measure up to your expectations. When you visit any one of our Colorado locations, our staff can help you narrow down your options. We can offer our insiders’ perspectives on different models, so choosing the best vape device for you is easier.
Be the first to comment...